Welcome from the Chair of Governors
The Governing Body is a team of committed and enthusiastic volunteers, representing all corners of our school community including parents, staff and local churches. We work closely with the Headteacher and senior staff in the school to set strategic direction and ensure strong accountability is in place for everything that happens at St Andrew's CofE School.
In short, we are often described as ‘critical friends’ of the school; challenging and giving constructive criticism, but always from the perspective of strong support and absolute commitment to the goals of the school.
Chair of Governors
Governing Body Overview
The role of the Governing Body at St Andrew's CofE School is:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its students, and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
- Upholding the Christian ethos of the School.
Governing Body Documents
- Governors Statement of General Principles re Behaviour
- Privacy Notice for Governors
- Governors Code of Conduct 2018-19
Judy Cooper (chair), a member of the Clergy, Nicola Edwards and Jane Box (Admissions Officer)
Admissions - to finalise the admissions process once places have been allocated by the borough.
Full Governing Body (FGB) Meeting Dates
- Thursday 20th September 2018
- Monday 10th December 2018 at 6:30 pm
- Monday 28th January at 6.30 pm
- Monday 25th March at 6.30 pm
- Thursday 9th May 2019
- Thursday 11th July 2019