What is the pupil premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. In the 2019 to 2020 financial year, schools receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,345 for pupils in reception year to year 6
Schools also receive £2,300 for each pupil who has left local-authority care because of one of the following:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order
- a residence order
The DfE pays schools a rate of £310 per pupil for the service premium.
- 2020-21 Pupil Premium Plan
- 2019-20 Pupil Premium Outcomes
- 2019-20 Pupil Premium Plan
- 2018-19 Pupil Premium Outcomes
- 2018-19 Pupil Premium Plan
- 2017-18 Pupil Premium Information