Welcome to Year 1!
During Year 1, the children transition from a play-based approach to learning (as in Reception) to a more formal approach where the children become more independent learners. To help the children with this transition, we will still have continuous provision in the first half term so that we can ease them into a more structured and busier timetable. As well as having Maths and English every morning, we will continue learning letters and sounds to help the children with their reading and writing. At the end of the year, children take the Phonics Screening Check. For more information on the year 1 curriculum please see below.
Year 1 learn about the following topics over the year:
- Year 1 Curriculum Map Summer 1 2022
- Year 1 CURRICULUM MAP Spring 2 2022
- Year 1 Curriculum Map Spring 1 2022
- Year 1 CURRICULUM MAP AUTUMN 2 2021
- Year 1 CURRICULUM MAP AUTUMN 1 2021
- Year 1 Curriculum Map Summer 2 2021