Children in Reception and KS1 are provided with a free school lunch. In KS2 children are able to bring a packed lunch or purchase a hot school meal. We ask parents to provide a balanced packed lunch. Children are not allowed sweets, chocolate bars, fizzy drinks, cans or glass bottles in their lunchbox. All lunchboxes must be named. Parents who qualify for free school meals should ring the school and speak to the Finance Officer. Our school lunches are provided by The Pantry.
All pupils are supervised at lunchtimes by a team of SMSA staff (School Meals Supervisory Assistants). Year 6 children also act as ‘play leaders’ in the KS1 playground.
Water is available throughout lunchtime for all pupils. Sometimes there are lunch clubs and activities that take place at different times during the year. There is a weekly prayer session on Tuesday lunchtimes in the Library.
Free School Meals - Eligibility Checker
We want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can. Healthy school food has obvious health benefits and can help pupils establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve pupils’ readiness to learn.
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £1,345 for your child’s primary school, to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed above.
To check if your child is eligible, please click on the link below:
For help, please click on the link below: